5.07.2012

Redux

Do you remember when I said, I was going to start exercising and drinking water? Well, I do!

Let's just say, after a week it became non-existent.  I no longer exercised. I no longer drank only water. I no longer listened to myself.

Today.

Today I started fresh. A clean slate has been brushed off and etched with the hands of a higher being. I began this day by drinking water. I set out to begin walking/jogging again. I loaded up the little humans in the old minivan and found a spot to park. I have decided to go on a walking path along the Chattahoochee River. There are river views for me and car views for the little humans as they wiz by at a faster rate than should be traveled. 2 miles is my starting point. 2 miles of agony as I would later learn.

A brisk walk was intermittently challenged by a slightly faster jog. The path was slow, but flat. I could smell the exhaust of cars and the moisture laden leaves as I trekked along with determination. The reward for the little humans.......if daddy could make it back to the starting point without going into a coma, they could play on the playground and be swung on the swings in the breeze by the river. Luckily for them, I made it back.

Here are some pictures. I assure you, you won't see any of me bent over in agony hurling water from my mouth as I gasp for air. The bridge is that of Roswell Road crossing over the Chattahoochee River. This bridge was originally a covered bridge and you can still see some of the arches from that time period. I had no knowledge of this until I came upon it while doing a u-turn on the path I was walking.

All pictures were taken with my cell phone, so don't judge.








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment